When clean and properly cared for, sterling silver is famously light and lustrous. Here are tips to keep your pieces shining in fine form:
- Dirt, skin oils, makeup, and other residue build up over time on the surface on your sterling silver jewelry. The metal may become dull or murky, losing its original shine. Avoid using chemical jewelry cleaners as they can damage your pieces over time (& harm your skin!). Instead use silver polishing cloths that are treated with very gentle chemicals to restore original luster.
- Wipe your silver down regularly to maintain its natural shine.
- If stubborn tarnishing does occur, try using a gentle detergent with a damp, soft cloth to wipe down your piece. Avoid using brushes to scrub, as this will damage the sterling silver.
- If you know you won’t be wearing your sterling silver for awhile, store it in a plastic bag in a cool, dry place. This protects it from the natural tarnishing that occurs with exposure to the air.
- Humidity in general will cause your sterling silver to tarnish more quickly. Cool, dry storage will keep your jewelry ready to wear.
- Sterling silver is also a relatively soft material, so don’t just toss it into a crowded drawer. Keep it scratch-free with its own container or hook.
Keep your sterling pieces looking their best with these tips, and they’ll continue to show off your own natural shine for years to come. Read more about the sterling silver Boma is famous for and our commitment to ethical craftsmanship. Cheers!
Great blog. Relevant Information about Converting Hobbies into business. To See the New pearl jewelry Collection See Timeless Pearl. I have a great experience over there when I bought the Bridal necklace.